Living Wage Certification is one great way to tell your community about the values of your company or organization, as well as to communicate to your employees your commitment to their well-being.
Paying a Living Wage is a great baseline for compensating your staff. But many other policies and organizational structures create a more worker-friendly environment. This “Beyond Living Wages” menu is intended as a resource for employers who want to pro-actively implement more employee-centered programs.
Progressive Workplaces: Policies and Benefits
This encompasses everything from scheduling and paid time off, to health benefits, retirement accounts, and other reimbursement programs for education, childcare, and transportation.
- Fair Scheduling
- Seattle Secure Scheduling Ordinance – Example of metrics
- Remote work options
- PTO Policies
- Health Benefits
- Local health memberships are offered through Mercy Urgent Care, Range Urgent Care, Lantern, and Ashewell.
- Local insurance resources
- FSA accounts
- Using pre-tax income for medical expenses
- Other Employee Needs?
- Student Loan Repayment
- Retirement Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Expenses
- Parking Reimbursement
- Transportation Assistance
Equity and Democracy in the Workplace
Creating a more fair and just work environment for ALL employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information.
- Second Chances
- Revisit your application and hiring process
- Up Skill WNC
- Operation Gateway
- Ban The Box
- Democratic Workplace Culture
- Non-Discrimination Policies
- Employee Feedback
- Decision-Making Processes
- HR Departments a
- When Is It Time to Hire a Full-Time Human Resources Employee?
- Starting an HR Department from the Ground Up
- Outsourced Small Business HR
- B-Corp Certification
- Benefits Cliff Calculator
- EDIB and Inclusion in the Workplace
Installing systems that give employees a greater level of transparency, understanding, and decision-making regarding business decisions. Also, rewarding workers through profit-sharing and other bonus programs.
- Open Books Systems
- ESOP/Worker-Owned Coops
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Programs
- Resources on Profit Sharing:
- How Does Profit Sharing Work
- Profit-Sharing Plans for Small Businesses
- How to Structure Bonuses and Profit-Sharing Plans
- How to Set Up a Profit-Sharing Plan