Better Buses Together
“Transportation with Representation”
Better Buses Together grew out of the People’s Voice on Transportation Equality, a group of Just Economics’ leaders in that developed the 19 Point People’s Agenda for Transportation Reform (scroll down the page for the 19 Point Agenda). This campaign was originated in 2013 by and is led by people who ride the bus out of necessity. The campaign has grown and includes riders and allies.
Better Buses Together meets monthly to work on our objectives. We hold Riders Assemblies twice a year. Our Riders Assemblies are focused on engaging necessity riders to assess the needs of the community and best form our strategies. Additionally, people are welcome to join our Action Alert mailing list.
Our 2021 Priorities
- Improve transit safety
- Fund full implementation of the Transit Master Plan including both the route changes and the extended hours.
- Advocate for better transit management practices
- Improve ART customer service
- Support work toward ADA compliance
- Follow bus replacement schedule
- Hold transit assembly meetings
- Advocate for best practices in rider communications
- Improve emergency response
Want to get involved in Better Buses Together?
Email email@example.com or attend an upcoming event.
Any level of participation is appreciated, we would love to have you join us as we continue to work on creating a public transportation system that works for all. Everyone is welcome to join us!