Just Economics is a member-driven, economic justice advocacy organization.
Our MISSION is to educate, advocate, and organize for a just and sustainable local economy that works for all in Western North Carolina.
We VALUE the inherent worth and dignity of everyone.
We believe we are all interdependent.
We value a cooperative community in which all can participate.
We believe that just wages help create a just society.
Our VISION is an economy that is fair and equitable, and Just Economics’ role is to ensure that everyone who is willing and able to contribute shares in the ability to live well, build assets, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
We believe in . . .
- Shared community prosperity
- Economic justice
- Jobs that pay a living wage
- Fairness in the work place
- Partnership rather than confrontation between employer and employees
- The availability of work for all who wish to work
Our long term GOALS include working toward building a community where:
- People have access to living-wage jobs
- Policies promote quality of life overall for workers and their families
- Workplaces have fair and just practices because employers and employees are organized as partners in relationships based on their mutual, interdependent interests
- A movement is building. Low-wage workers specifically have power, have voice to speak their interest, and are organized with allies from all socio-economic groups on behalf of a just economy