We are gearing up for our Annual Celebration and we want you to join us on Thursday, December 7th, 6-9pm at the event space at Habitat for Humanity, 33 Meadow Road in Asheville.
This event is free and will include food, drinks, music, a raffle, a trivia game, and celebration. We would love for you to come celebrate with us whether you are new to the Just Economics circle, have been engaging with us for a while, or just want to learn more about Just Economics.
We have a lot to celebrate this year. In 2023 we were able to:
- Successfully advocate for a Paid Parental Leave Policy with City of Brevard
- Certify more than 40 new employers as paying a living wage and offer a new aspect of our program to open the opportunity for employers to join our network as a Pledged Living Wage Employer or a Leading Living Wage Certified Employer
- Develop the Centralized Rental Application
- Launch the Beyond Living Wages program and host 3 employer networking events
- Host one in person and one virtual session of our Voices for Economic Justice program
- Co-host 8 Tenant’s Rights Workshops with Pisgah Legal Services and launched the Tenant’s Network
- Organize May Day event and Solidarity Summer Workshop Series with the Western North Carolina Workers’ Assembly
- Successfully advocate for improvements to bus system signage and communication
- Facilitated poverty simulations and Affordable Housing Advocacy workshops and continue to raise the public dialogue about living wages and economic justice.
Big Thanks to one of our Revolutionary Sponsors, Self-Help Credit Union!