Job Description: Part -Time Development Lead
Just Economics of Western North Carolina is a regional membership organization based in Asheville, NC. Our mission is to educate, advocate, and organize for a just and sustainable economy that works for all in Western North Carolina. Just Economics was born out of the Asheville-Buncombe Living Wage Campaign, an effort that began in 2000, but took root in 2006. Our work has grown to include policy advocacy, grassroots community engagement, and living wage employer certification. We have identified living wages/improved working conditions, affordable housing, and better transit as key issues we are working to advance. Just Economics is committed to centering the voice of people most impacted by the issues we are working to change.
Just Economics is seeking a Development Lead to expand on the funding for the organization and enhance communications. This position offers a competitive salary with flexible, part-time hours. This position will be expected to raise at least one and half times their salary from new funding sources within the first year of employment.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising and communications strategies
- Work with the Executive Director to make sure fundraising goals are met
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities, prepare grant proposals, and provide regular reports on grant activities and outcomes
- Cultivate relationships and communicate with prospective and current individual donors
- Cultivate and expand the organization’s base of major donors
- Work alongside the Executive Director to coordinate, plan, and execute events for Just Economics including Just Brew It and the Annual Celebration
- Devise a strategy to fundraise from faith communities and businesses by identifying prospective donors, developing messaging, and organizing activities
- Identify other potential community fundraising opportunities and activities
- Communicate and maintain relationships with our partners and supporters
- Work with the staff to implement the communication plan and continue to develop messaging for the organization
- Create and update content for the website, newsletter and social media
Desired skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience raising more than $100,000 in a year for a nonprofit organization
- Experience grant writing and working with major donors
- Commitment to the mission of Just Economics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in working with databases, including experience with data entry, data management, and data analysis. Able to use databases effectively for tasks such as donor tracking, campaign management, and generating reports.
- Self-motivated and self-starting, yet able to work well with others
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Supervision: The Development Lead reports to and is supervised by the Executive Director, who conducts annual evaluations and routine check-ins.
Location: This position can be performed on-site at the Asheville office, virtually, or in a hybrid capacity, depending on the preference and availability of the selected applicant.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base Salary range is $45,032-$57,200 annually for an expected 20 hours a week with the opportunity for performance based bonuses. This position also offers paid time off and a flexible schedule.
To apply: upload your resume and cover letter here: https://forms.gle/Zmtki1MRVENTUQYM6