Living Wage Employer Certification Program
Criteria for Certification
- Pay at least the current Living Wage to all regular full- and part-time employees, which is $13.00/hour without qualifying employer provided health insurance, or $11.50/hour with employer provided health insurance.
- A Certified employer may pay a wage that is less than the living wage to employees who are under 18 years old; employees who are in a probationary period or hired temporarily (limited to 3 months); to interns, apprentices, and tipped employees that meet our criteria.
- A certified employer may use benefits that affect basic needs (food, housing, transportation, health care) as an offset to the wage criteria.
Benefits of Certification
- “Living Wage Certified” emblem for display at your place of business.
- Your events, promotions, and sales can be highlighted on the Just Economics Facebook Page, reaching 3,800+ people in WNC.
- Publicity through advertisements in local media outlets, such as the Mountain Xpress.
- Free promotion of your business through the Just Economics 1,700+ member mailing list, 3,800+ Facebook Fans, and our printed lists.
- Special profile of your business on the Just Economics website.
- Participation in high-profile press conferences and JE events aimed at promoting the Living Wage Employer Certification Program and the employers that meet our criteria.
- Being part of a growing network of local employers dedicated to building a more sustainable economy.
- Free Participation in our Employer Networking Events and Business Education Programs.